Thursday

Thankful for friends

I can't express today how blessed i am for the friends i have in my life. They would do anything for me, ANYTHING! at one low point in my life i had an abundance of friends, some who were only my friend for the "fame" some who were only there because i was the type of friend you could take advantage from, some for good reasons and then some because i was falling away from everything i knew to be true and they wanted to make sure i continued to be saved from the mormons. To be honest i never imagined in my life that i would ever be mormon. I came from this chaotic upbringing, i roamed the streets until 2 am and i never had any type of structure. I was a loose cannon. I was known as one of the starkes kids to the "dad that bombed the mormon church" ( not true by the way). I guess when i had THAT abundance of friends i never really felt worthy of pure, real friendship. From day to day things would change and gossip would be thrown around just to stabbed in the back or find out that your best friend is having a baby with your boyfriend... really? is this what is friendship? All these thoughts came to me yesterday as one of my friends was driving me to the hospital and STAYED with me until around 4am then to take me home and make sure i got into my house safely.... my thoughts are always random so my apologies. To get back to the point or points at this stage in my life... 3 years 4 months marries, 18 weeks pregnant, owning a home and married to the best man i could have ever had my prayers answered for... I wonder how i got here and just know how TRULY i am blessed and that i would not be here had i not decided to get order in my life, get rid of all the old (BAD) abundance of friends, or have you and come back to what i KNOW to be True, and the truth is heavenly father showed me the true church here on earth. It teaches me daily how to be an example of christ, it teaches me to forgive myself for the choices i made in my life and to forgive others. In my calling at church, the sunbeams teach me something every week and it is always most touching on the days where i feel like i dont have the power to get up and go to church for 3 hours. It teaches me to accept everyone, every walk of life, color race origin, etc and to not judge. I can go on an on, but i will restrain. It seems that i have gotten rid of my close minded mentality I have FRIENDS, true 100% selfless friends who accept me for who i am and what i do and what i look like, and me to them. It's a peaceful feeling to me today that i feel. If i had blank cards i would write all my friends a card just to tell them i love them all... maybe i will do just that. My friends, not all who are members of the church, are inspiring and uplifting to me everyday. I love them all so dearly and am excited to have each one of them in my life. Especially thanks to natalie who put up with me all night and all morning! It means so much to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment