Tuesday

40 weeks and one day.

I downloaded this app on my phone so i could follow everything that was changing with my body and i progresses in pregnancy. It is really a neat app and Andrew even enjoys reading and looking at the pictures to see what the fetus/baby looks like... I goes by weeks and days... today it shows a newborn on the picture, its really cute...only thing is... I dont have mine! I know i know, most babies are born within the 38-42 week mark and i am only on 40, but in my head monday january 30th was when he was going to come... WRONG! from week 38 to 39 i was 80% thinned out and to a 1.5... week 38-39... Nothing! Yesterday the doctor checked me and i was sure i was gonna pull a 4,,,, nope, wrong again! She scheduled me to go get a gel induction yesterday at 430. When i get all hooked up to the monitor the nurse carol.... I really liked her tells me... you are having contractions, can you feel theem? I said no and didnt think about it.... Then i turned away from the monitor and talked to andrew for the next few minutes and really concentrated on trying to feel them and i could! It was so weird... I have been feeling THAT feeling for days, but thought it was just part of the "pressure" My contractions were already 3 to 5o minutes apart. It was pretty cool but the nurse did find it a little odd.... So for the next hours.... up until 3 am or so, i am gelled and checked and told to walk and bounce on the ball. On the second gel the contractions got more intense but after being checked no dialation progress... bummer... Then I was having contractions every 1 to 2 minutes! almost too much my very favorite nurse kate told us.... So too bad... the gel induction did not work. WE got home about 330 am with Brighton still in the belly...
One thing that does scare me is the nurses told me i ihave a narrow pelvis and I dont like the sound of that, for some reason they told me and said just to let you know.... Andrew and I call that JTLYK.... It may result in a c section, but every woman is different and it depends on how the labor goes... obviously i know that but I dont want it! I want a natural birth so I hope it has no affect:) That's all for now. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow morning at 830 for my next set of instruction. Today i walk and feel these wonderful contractions I am having:)

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I came on here hoping to see cute baby pics. So sorry you are still pregnant. Good luck. Keep us posted. You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandi! Yes i know, i have been bad with pictures... I will put some of the regular life up soon and catch up, until then I have none without this baby! I however can get your number from alice or caroline and text you and keep you updated as well!

      Delete