Wednesday

My due date, Monday January 30th-40 weeks

Monday was my due date. The 30th of January and the day that i had been talking about for aprox 36 weeks since i found out when i was 4 weeks... by no means did i think this would be THE day that my son would enter the world, but i knew it would be "around" this date. My doctor in the 4 weeks leading up to this date had told me i was making little progress but not to worry... at 37 weeks i was dialated to a 1, by 39 weeks i was dialated to a 1.5 and still not effaced at all, on top of that she talked about me being super high...with this being my first baby i had no idea what she was talking about but i accepted it and allowed her to call the hospital to try a gel induction. Andrew had asked some people in his family and his feedback was that it worked for one of his sisters, in a way we were prepared to have Brighton that day. We got to the hospital that day at 430 and started the process. By the end of the process i was dialated to a 3 and about 50-60 effaced and baby Brighton did not want to come. I was a little bummed but knew that I did not want to get fully induced at this point so i went home and waited....
Tuesday January 31st.....
I followed up with my doctor this morning after my gel induction to see if there was any more progress, to my surprise i was to a 4 but i was digressing with the thinness of my cervix so the doctor said this time we will try pitocin. They scheduled me to go to the hospital Thursday morning at 430 am. Andrew and I took the whole next day, (Wednesday) to do some last minute things and some shopping as well at cabelas. We met up with my grandma and dad for lunch while we were over on the west side and got some time in with Sara and Jesse:) I was excited to be going to the hospital and this time with a better chance of having Brighton....until.... at about 8 pm i got a call from labor and delivery that they had an influx of patients deliver and I would have to wait for a call before i could go in... All of Thursday i literally waited... It was killer... Friday morning i called the hospital and my doctor to be put on at the other hospital as well but with no luck. Andrew went to work instead of just waiting around the house with me though which on this day would have been nice for him to be there:) the hospital called at 11:30 to tell me to be there by 1..... I am so excited! The journey of childbirth is coming soon! Today I am 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I am ready to meet my little Brighton.

No comments:

Post a Comment