Sunday

70th wedding anniversary and Snowed in.

We went to Heber this weekend for Granny and Papas 70th wedding anniversary. This is Andrews grandma and grandpa Crandell...(chesters parents) I met this couple November of 2007 when Andrew an.d I were just dating and they are the type of people you can just tell that they are good, like to the core good. A few months back papa fell while out at the ranch and had to have surgery because of bleeding in his brain or on his brain...however the term is said. The surgery was pretty invasive and how old papa was there was a chance that it would turn out bad. At the party yesterday there was a statement made by someone about how "this almost didnt happen"... I thought to myself... not that he ALMOST died... but the thought was there and I just thought to myself..."oh no, this was to happen, it was predestined! A story Chester told was that the worst thing he ever heard his dad say was "oh horse feathers". Christ was an example to us all and of course we are to follow in his example...but how awesome would it be knowing that at my 70th wedding anniversary, one of my children stood up and could say that the worst thing they ever heard his parent say was horse feathers? Let this be an example as to just how much of an example we can be to our children, in so many ways. Not only in our actions, but in our WORDS! I am grateful to have such good examples around me this weekend. It seems when i come to Heber and am surrounded by family, nothing else really matters...even when you get snowed in:)

No comments:

Post a Comment