Friday

Lake Trip

My dad had not taken his boat out in a while so we decided to test the waters! Andrew could not come so i brought my friend from work, Sara. We had a lot of fun! My dad launched the boat and left us in charge of the boat... but there was a problem... we could not get the trolling motor to work faster than like 1 MPH! my dad went to go park the truck and by the time he got back we were 1/2 mile from the dock, with no power and no rows to get back to him, AND it was a very windy day... I had to flag some other boat down to go get my dad to bring him out to us! It was funny. Turns out the battery had died so my dad did one of his wonderful rigging jobs and saved the day! I did feel stupid at first because i thought i just didnt know how to drive a boat!~ Our day at the lake was eventful, we found wild cows, fed ducks, didn't go swimming because it was too cold, ate sandwiches, and caught no fish... BUT!!!! we got burnt! how fun. I was miserable for about a week and i shed my skin. First summer burn is the best i guess. I now have yet to go back to the lake with Andrew this time. I also captured a priceless video of my dad dancing to poker face.. this is a must see...
Some coves at the end of the lake

Me and Sara


My dad thought he caught a fish, only it was just a big weed tree plant type thing



us again




i guess we did not find them, we just saw them












At about our 6th hour, i had to put my shirt on over my tankini because i was pretty red. It was overcast all day, i hear that is the worst!~







My dad getting the bait ready for their long trip to death...






Here is my dad dancing to poker face. what a freak he is!


No comments:

Post a Comment