Wednesday

The REAL house... for real

Today we got the signed contract and are now "under" contract with the seller. Andrew and I are so blessed that we found a house with such an amazing deal on it. Let me tell you how the spirit fulfilled its duty. One day about a month ago I said to Andrew that we should buy a house. I got looking into the prequalification not really thinking that we would be fortunate enough in this market to get qualified for a loan. I sent in the documents with wishful thinking. 3 days later our back called and said we were qualified up to this much money... The amount we were approved for was obviously WAY too much but nonetheless we were going to be able to buy our very own home. The mortgage lender referred me to a woman who worked with Remax, which i have been told that the company is very good and well known. We met with her at her house one morning. First impression...not good... but she was real. She looked like she had rolled out of bed, brushed her teeth and pulled her hair back. She was wearing capris and flip flops with a strapless shirt... hmmm. We sat down in her "office" that she shared with her big black cat and began to tell us what happens when buying a home... She was real and honest i will tell you that much. She did however have a buyer's addendum hat basically wed the two of us together so she says..."If i do all this work and then you go buy from someone else... I'm going to get my commission either way..." Leaving her house me and Andrew both agreed we liked her but a few things came to my mind. Her card she gave us had a picture of her i would say dated 15 years back at LEAST! I found that strange to say the least. Well anyway, getting to the better part of the story... I work for Verizon wireless and i got a call from a man using a palm and having wireless sync issues... he also mentioned that he was a real estate agent. I automatically assumed he was one of these HORRIBLE tempered Realtors who call in and use E-Key (a third party software used to open the lock boxes on the houses) and basically shut off all emotions on the call. I get alot of those Realtors if you can't tell. HAHA. Well anyway, he didn't use E-key and he actually ended up being our realtor! When we fixed his issue I had a few "general" questions about buying a house and wanted to see if all that our realtor woman had told us was true. It WASN'T. So anyway BEFORE he had even known that i was interested in looking i find out that he lives in AZ...( I talk to people all over the world) and also that he was really nice about answering my questions. I got a good warm feeling that he was somebody i needed to talk more about buying a house... not to mention he wanted to help a few friends of mine with foreclosure... SO... we met him and we looked at houses right away...Here we are maybe 2 weeks later and we already bought a house! At the end of our call he asked me if I was LDS. He said i spoke of my husband alot...maybe non LDS girls don't talk of their husbands that much!?... anyway I just thought it was neat the way it all worked out and the path that was laid out for us. He is a great realtor, i would recommend him to all. He sells some BIG MONEY real estate... I'm talking the house beneath this post, but he still takes time to help the little buyers such as Andrew and myself find our first home. I know it wont be the last home we buy from him. Andrew and I are so excited for our house and to have all our family over to see it:) I will post a few pictures next...

No comments:

Post a Comment