Thursday

So now I returned from the prior catch up post

So this... Running... since i caught up on everything else... So just in case you don't know... I married into a family of runners pretty much. Chester and Marcie were track coaches they all ran blah blah blah. They are all very good runners and are very good athletes! Now since Jenny started running she has gotten me all inspired to run and go from not a runner and hating to run, to a half way runner and WANTING to not hate running! Needless to say i am just so lazy sometimes that i would just rather go to the gym then go run and feel like jello and have burnt lungs that make me cough. Leon would say suck it up, it gets batter. SO! I have been cordially "invited" to participate in the ragnar with them...them being most of the family INCLUDING troy and my husband Andrew.. so i said yes... Well from buying a house and working some crazy overtime it has been hard to fit into the schedule. I started running with my sister in law Amy, first day...torture! second day a little better. I felt just so good that i could run 2 miles and still be alive. Stopping frequently from a side cramp or my stupid toe throbbing because it needs surgery again. I am such a baby! I don't like to run indoors watching TV because i get too bored and i hate to run outside where i show anyone a sign of weakness. Jenny PROMISED me that once i got past the first 2 miles it would be easier. Easy for her to throw at me the other day..." Mandy, I ran 10 miles today"!@!!!!! WHATY!!! I just can't beleive how far she has come all by just starting! and keeping at it. So needless to say I am going to get my butt up and RUN! It's so good to have family that cares and wants to help keep me motivated. I'm excited for the ragnar. I'm going to blog through it and post my success as i do it and you all can yell at me if i don't! ha...Not to mention ANOTHER mishappening that happened to stop me from running. On Tuesday morning Leon called me at about 9:30ish to give me crap about not running with Amy that morning. I was supposed to work from 6AM-11PM all week so it would not have worked out anyway, but me and Amdrew decided to take the day off of work and go look at houses on Monday. On our way home from picking up his truck I got into an accident! :( So my body is not runable at this time nor is it really anythingable 100% yet. So to get back to the running. A schedule will be posted for me and I am going to get past theose few miles and just keep going. I have about8-9 months of training and then acheive my goal.:) Over the fourth of July weekend we went up to Heber of course. Carissa's run was the morning of the 4th and I didn't think I would do it since i had worked 17 hour days all week, had some dental work sone and needed 2 root cancals, and would not get up the mountain until about midnight. At about 5:50AM Leon comes in the room where we were sleeping and asks andrew if i was gonna run, andrew said no and leon was gone. It registered to me then that i WANTED to do the run. I hurried and got ready and raced out the door to find the race had started with not a single runner in site... so i registered and took off down buckskin road. I soon found runners and i didn't finish last! LJ, Alice, Amanda, Troy and all his kids, and all 4 of amy and Leon's kids did the 2k. Jenny, Amy, Leon, Chester, and Marcie all did the 6k. It was alot of fun! That's the feeling i get when i run, like i really accomplished something, and it's great following through with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I was so proud of you for doing it! :) You really will get better. Just START! :) ha ha It was fun to look at houses with you this weekend. Have you heard anything yet?

    ReplyDelete