Tuesday

Remembering Azure


Today is the day im sure many know of azure's passing 2 years ago. I remember it so clear. I was in Utah with Andrew, It was a Saturday and i was expecting Mike and Brandi's family over to my apartment for dinner. Andrew and I had just decided before i left for my 11 hour journey home that we weould go to wyoming to get some fireworks so i could bring them home for him. I got a text message frommy sis that said im not sure what the plans are for tomorrow because Azure was in an accident and i heard its pretty bad...but i will let you know when i find out more. So at that moment it was confirmed that there was an accident and i truly thought that it was nothing, just a fender bender blown out of porportion. Me and Andrew still went to wyoming. As i sat in the car and told Andrew about it i was worried with a knot in my stomach because i was a whole state away, even if something did happen i had my car with me so it was not like i could just jump on a plane and be with my family. Azure was my favorite sister in law and i wanted to be there with them, come what may. The ride from coalville Utah to wyoming was about an hour and it was all rocky canyons so not good reception. I sat and waited for a call but nothing. Goit a few texts that made me grow more sick to my stomach. We got to the fireworks store..well a few of them... and then i got a call as we were checking out...It was Brandi. when i answered i could already hear mike in the background telling brandi not to tell me. I got the news. Azure is in a helicopter and they are trying to revive her.... I felt like i could not breathe. I could only imagine what my family was going through there watching it all unravel in front of their eyes. I had found out that eric was with her and it made me more sick. I fell to the floor (litterally) and could not stop crying. We left the store, the woman who checked andrew out gave him a lot of free fireworks...maybe she thought it would help me feel better?? We started back home...no call but there was a voicemail. Brian said in a very soft tone... mandy... hey its Brian. Just wanted to let you know that Eric is good... He is doing fine...... LONG pause... but Azure... didnt make it. I gotta go.


I really didnt know what had just happened. I had to drive home for 11 hours sobbing??? There was no way. I wanted to be there with my family but i was so far away. When we got back to utah andrew told him boss what happened and he let him come home with me and drive me home. It was a good thing he did other wise i would not have made it home probably. The events that took place after that were indescribable. It has been 2 years today and it seems that i can still hear her laugh and see her big bright smile. I remember her being so happy that me and andrew were dating and she was so excited to see if we would end up getting married. It 's sad knowing that she was not here to go to the temple with us in person. I know she is in a better place and is doing the lord's will but i still can help but to think of how much she is missed in our family gatherings. She can and will never be replaced and i'm thankful that my brother was able to be sealed to her and bring little eric in this life. I know that families are forever and i will one day see Azure again. My heart goes out to my brother and her family on this day of rememberance for the life that azure lived.

1 comment:

  1. That was seriously such a sad day. :( I got all teary-eyed reading your experience. My heart goes out to you and her family. Losing a loved one is so hard to deal with and there is not a day goes by that I don't think about a dear friend that I lost.

    ReplyDelete