Thursday

the spirit whispers this to me...

On the way home frmo Utah, a yard full of antlers caught my eye (what you see in the picture below). I turned around to take a look and to take some pictures to show andrew. I had a feeling that I should knock on the door and ask if i could take some pictures before just inviting myself onto some perfect strangers property. I knew pretty early on in the conversation while i had the prompt to knock on the door. Her name is Elaine Norton and she is a member of the church and has the sweetest most warm spirit that i have ever met from a complete stranger. Although me and Alice were in a bit of a hurry to get home with lots of road trip in front of us, Elaine proceeded to tell us her story as she does to many people who still stop to see her property. She had no idea we were members as well and her home housed a giving spirit about it upon every wall. She was so apologetic about taking up our time and you can tell she loved company and i was okay with sitting there for a few more hours listening to her stories. The account of her family story was amazing. she told of her now late husband and how he was ill. Along their journey they lost a son named Med to a lighting accident very close to their home. One day her husband picked up a very small white shed antler and he never stopped after then. She said he did it just for something to do. He apparently had a very hard time getting over the passing of his son. The story was so heartfelt and with Elaine now, being in a power chair still has not lost her spirit. She lost her son and her husband but it seemed to me this woman could not ever lose her testimony of the church and Heavenly father. She writes poetry and has written one for every member of her family and has even won contests. I am so blessed that i did stop that day and knock on her door. I'm sure all who have crossed her path have looked back and realized they did for one reason or another. She is such a brave woman and i only knew her for 30 minutes. I included her poems she gave me a copy of below, you may have to save them to your pc and then zoom in to read them. They are wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. wow inspiring story! What an amazing testimony. p.s. how are you doing mandy? its been forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i have been great. I could not sleep last night felt like an incomniac and i went blogging like crazy and i love your blog! mine has needed a facelift like crazy. And yes that woman that i met is such an inspiration. I;m so glad i stumbled across her

    ReplyDelete