Friday

Not the real deal cont. Warning! this post is long!!!!!

The morning of my birthday I woke up and showered, Andrew googled the symptoms of a gall bladder attack and this is all what i felt to the T. We went to have lunch at subway where i had a half of a 6 inch just about with nothing on it but turkey and lettuce... If it was my gall bladder there will be no more grease for me for my lifetime, i NEVER want to feel those pains again. In the short period of leaving the house and having a small lunch the pain came back. Even after a short nap at home it was worse and i told Andrew i needed to go back to the hospital...., one small thing i forgot to mention... the day before when the nurse told me she thought it was my gall bladder.... she did not order any test for my gall bladder... she said they would send me to the ER if it was not baby related, but they never did, instead they discharged me.... Anyhow, i called my doc in copa to get a follow up apt and they scheduled it for Jan 3rd! Wow, on top of me literally and physically i swear on anything and everything holy i could not deal with the pain for another hour, let alone days! January 3rd is the biggest day of my life at the Bank! There is no way i was getting off to go for a follow up apt.! I drove to the Dr there in copa and she said to go back to the hospital! I can't believe i am on my way back. Andrew thinks i am super woman and pain is nothing for me so he told me to try and stick it out, we went home and i laid down. When i woke up I was in pain, AGAIN! sadly he was putting together the crib and I hated to interrupt him but i just knew something was not right and i needed to go back to the hospital. I made the phone call and talked to the nurse who helped me yesterday who said she thought it was my Gall bladder... she adv to come back to labor and delivery to again rule out problems with baby, then they will take me to the ER... as soon as i got here again i was begging for the drugs! It is so sad because i know what i get in my body Brighton also gets in his and I hate knowing that my little tiny baby is on anything drug related! If i tell the story you will be here reading all night... so this is how it goes....

Wheeled over to ER and asked random questions, no medicine,no room to put me in, out in the open in front of everyone. got blood drawn AGAIN! took a pee test again....they finally took me to this room that i shared with 2 other people and i was in a "recliner" chair that was beyond all discomfort. The plan was to go for an ultrasound on my gall bladder and kidneys.... I had a pretty cute nurse who gave me an iv in my left hand... it hurt just a pinch and Andrew almost passed out... :) Shortly after they took me back I went to do that, about 30 minutes... she was really really nice who did my sonogram and she even gave me a picture of little Brighton to satisfy my once more needing approval that he has a penis:) from there we waited and waited. The highly strung doctor came in very nice and very fast and told me that the gall bladder looks good, and so does my kidneys..... hmmmmm so what else could it be??? Well we have to do a full cat scan to rule out appendicitis now.... oh great i thought... then i asked the questions like so if i do and it has to be operated on, does Brighton come out? Can he stay in during a procedure like that where i am knocked out? I was told he could be taken out or left in.... now i am getting a little scared.... My cute nurse came in again and told me i had to have ANOTHER IV, this one had to be past my wrist so they could inject something into me.... i am so dehydrated though that there are like zero veins that are being accommodating.... he finds one in my right elbow area and again, Andrew watched it and felt pretty queasy.....:)okay so like 2 hours later the guy came in for the CT scan. i could not understand his accent but he said something about me being pregnant and full term and OK? ahhhhh sure i said. I drank the awful solution and went into the machine, i have no idea why they call it a can scan machine. it should be called the spinning donut:) He said i would fee warm and pee when i was in there... I was thinking WHAT! my clothes are on....his language barrier was hard to understand... when i tasted the metal and felt like i had to pee and my body went hot i understood..... okay that's over and its back to the room.... I had not gotten any medicine in a while and i was uncomfortable beyond belief. I asked if they had a pillow and the response was a no, so i then asked if they had a bed and i was told the beds are only for those who "need" them. Like the man pulling down his pants in the hallway yelling help me help me hurry up hurry up, I'm bleeding... although he was not, he had dementia.... Okay i get it i said and laid down and trued to not think of the pain, or the weird people who keep coming in and out of the what i then thought was a mental hospital.

It was getting late... this was my birthday and at 7 we had planned dinner with some people, Andrew started to call and cancel for me, however bishop and his wife were already in town so they came over and Andrew was able to give me a blessing. It was nice and i felt so grateful in that moment that my husband is a priesthood holder. the rest of the night was a bunch of crap if you ask me... they took forever to give me more medicine, i was miserable and i think i got like 4 different diagnosis.....
the gall bladder was okay.....
the tube from my kidney to my bladder is collapsed and i will need to a stint in it to get it open
the tube is enlarged and it is creating build up which is what the pain is from
I have multiple kidney stones in the ureter which is causing the backup and inflammation and I would have to wait until the morning... mind you its only like 6 right now.... for the Urologist to look at it to see exactly where we go from there....

So now i am admitted, they tell me room 379 third floor. My sister and her family drove down from buckeye because she had a birthday gift for me and just wanted to say hi... my mom was waiting out in the lobby as well as Natalie and Logan who has just brought Andrew dinner:) It took about an hour to tell me the room was wrong and since i just so happened to be 35 weeks pregnant then i should be in the OB section.... makes sense i would think... finally at like 10:30 I go to my room where there is a bed and i literally have 5 pillows! I had not eaten anything in 12 hours and hardly been able to drink. My mom brought me fruit and crackers and all the water and ice in the world. since i had "kidney stones" my plan was to stay here overnight and be treated for the pain and to hydrate like crazy and pee into this strainer thing to see if they will pass..... I was also told the urologist comes in early in the morning and she would come evaluate and then we will go from there.... oh and yes at this point it was not my appendix... so at least that is good but my frustration is creeping up because the day before they sent me home after doing an ultrasound of the kidneys and stating they were fine..... AHHHHHH!!!!!

I tell Andrew to go home since he works in the morning, i took some medicine and went off to sleep......

Come the next morning 12/30/2011-
The urologist did nothing about making her rounds early.... in fact Andrew got here around 11 i think and she was not here until like 2 or something, cant remember too well... she said something about no kidney stones... if i do they are like tiny and also that the tube is NOT collapsed????? wtheck! So what is going on.... from what i gathered in pregnancy your uterus can be enlarged in certain areas which cause problems in others... well duh!!! she said something about a worked with brachial i think... sorry i am on medicine... she said she would talk to the Dr and then he would follow up with me..... errrrrrr... WRONG! it right now is 3 almost 30 am and I NEVER saw the doctor on call that day again. The nurse came in and said she was gonna give me iron and a constipation pill, why i had no idea... she said to take them and then the Dr will make his rounds early in the morning... well i have heard that one before.... Natalie and Logan came to say hi and were off to find a dog to add to their family so i made Andrew go with them since he was going crazy here.... I watched a whole movie and started getting frustrating about being in the dark about what the heck is even going on. I called the nurse in and she listened, she assured me she would talk to the Dr..... hours later after Andrew got back, the nurse came back in and said she talked to the Dr... apparently the urologist said she offered me and Andrew something today that would drain the excess fluid that is causing the pain... WHATTTTT!!! I had to look to Andrew because i do forget a lot but I am positive she TOLD us that was probably not needed! is this woman crazy? or just a liar! I was so mad! I then asked the nurse why i am taking iron and constipation pills and she said because the urologist said i was constipated! No no no no no... I literally wanted to scream. Was this woman just not listening when she was in here or did she mix up my notes with the person next door... ughhh... I could just cry! Now there is nothing to do but to fire that urologist and request another one that wont be able to happen until the am and the doctor wont even come talk to me anyway until the morning... so here i Am... I literally have the world most awful pain and 10 different reasons why but no one knows how to fix it or what the real problem is.... frustrating is all i can say. I should go to bed. I can update in the morning... I am hoping and praying that the new urologist will be able to shed some light because this has been crazy! just crazy. I am worried about work, like sick to my stomach. I have a huge month coming up and am not 100% prepared for it. Andrew tells me to relax and worry about the baby because he is most important which i know, but a big part of my life is my job and I hate to feel like i am not fulfilling it completely... I better go to bed and stop worrying myself sick! goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment